Twitter Marketing Strategy
Twitter should be part of your real estate marketing strategy. Remember the largest media outlets are on Twitter and use a twitter marketing strategy to gather news and move it around the world.
If you see a news worthy tweet from a major media outlet that pertains to the real estate industry, make sure you comment back. This gives you exposure and tells the world you have got your finger on the pulse to all including your followers.
What is a retweet?
A retweet is someone else’s Tweet that you chose to share with all of your followers. You can use our built-in retweet feature or you can manually retweet content by copying and pasting it into a new Tweet of your own. Both are outlined below.
How to retweet without adding your own commentary:
- Hover over a Tweet.
- Click the Retweet link, highlighted below.
- A pop-up will show you the Tweet you’re about to retweet and will ask you to confirm.
- Click the blue Retweet button.
- The Tweet will then be shared with all of your followers!
This is fine but remember this type of retweet is only being seen by the friends you have in common not your entire group of followers.
A better way to go is to do the following.
How to retweet and add your own comments (RT):
- Copy the content of the Tweet you’d like to share. (Note: this only works if the Tweet is much shorter than 140 characters. We recommend using the official retweet button.)
- Open a new Tweet box and paste the content into the message.
- Add the letters RT and the Tweet author’s @username to show that it’s a retweet and isn’t your own content.
- Add your comment at the beginning of the message, as shown below.
- Click Tweet to post the message to your followers.
By having a comment first followed by RT@name and what was said, everybody gets to see the message.
Another tip with retweets is that when somebody retweets a message you’ve done, amateurs sometimes reply with ‘thanks’. This type of comment is not engaging a bit egotistical.
Instead to boost engagement make the comment more personal say say something like @newyorkbrokers thanks for the great comment. How’s business in New York today? or @sallypropertyguru hope you have an awesome day.
These comments are more personal and it shows the recipient that you have taken the time to think about them and respond. This is a much better twitter marketing strategy if you want to build your real estate business using Twitter.